8 January 2018 – 8 April 2018
Purpose: Focus on building strength and size. All considerations have been taken to maximize hormonal support for optimal recovery.
- Starting weight (lbs): 156.4
- Starting Body fat %: 14.2 (22.2 lbs)
- Starting lean mass (lbs): 134.2
- 10:30pm – 6:00am
- Intermittent fasting (16/8). Meal 1 – lunch.
- Feed for 8 hours.
- Calories: 2200 (reassess as necessary based on progress)
- Cabs: 30% total calories (165g to start)
- Protein: 1.5g/kg (105g to start)
- Fat: Remaining calories (125 to start)
- 1 gallon of water per day.
- Daily alternating hot/cold showers to aid muscle recovery.
- Ice Vest – At least 30 minutes before bed.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 1-2 tbsp at bedtime
- Magnesium – 500mg at bedtime
- Zinc – 50mg at bedtime
- Creatine – 10mg to load, then 5mg maintenance.
- Follow (mostly) Jim Wendler’s Boring But Big, a program built off his 5/3/1 program. This program consists of 4 big lifts – squat, dead lift, overhead press, bench press – along with assistance lifts.
- 3 day split, usually Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- 1 big lift 5/3/1 set/rep structure, 5×10 sets of same big lift with 40% 1RM, 1-2 assistance lifts.
- 1 cycle of 5/3/1 usually takes 4 weeks doing 4 day split, so modified for 3 day split it will take just over 5 weeks.
- Post workout tabata/hiit, either sprinting or recumbent bike.
- Do. Not. Die.
**If you’re interested in seeing previous routine cycles, they’re all archived here.**
Daily Routine Diet Exercise Self Experimentation Self Improvement #250kchallenge #250kchallenge2018 5/3/1 bodybuilding.com cardio cold shower gym hiit intermittent fasting optimum nutrition sleep weights wendler